Consumer Health Products of Canada and Food & Consumer Products of Canada have formally merged to create Food, Health & Consumer Products of Canada (FHCP). Learn more at oneveryshelf.ca.
Are you a member of FHCP? You can access your member portal at fhcp.ca!
Export Certificates are still available at certificates.chpcanada.ca.
We’re happy to help you navigate through this transition. Don’t hesitate to send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a solution-oriented stakeholder in the Canadian healthcare environment, CHP Canada advocates for evidence-based policies that would enhance the contribution that consumer health products make to the health of Canadians and the sustainability of our healthcare system.
Canada lags behind the United States, United Kingdom and Australia by at least six to seven years when it comes to prescription to OTC switches, costing our healthcare system and our economy billions of dollars. Below is an illustration outlining the complex route for Rx-to-OTC switches in Canada.
Recent CHP Canada Submissions and Testimonies:
CANADIAN-EUROPEAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT
CANADIAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT
- Eliminating internal barriers to trade for the Canadian consumer health products industry (Apr/18)
- Current Switch Process
- Proposed Switch Process
- CHP Canada Submission: Consultation on Potential Market for Cannabis Health Products that would not require Practitioner Oversight (Sept/19)
- CHP Canada – Full Public Policy Position – Cannabis Regulation (Nov/19)
- PSC Canada – Texte intégral de la position de politique publique – Règlementation du cannabis (Nov/19)
CONSUMER PRODUCT ALLIANCE FOR INNOVATION AND GROWTH (CPAIG)
- CHP Canada Submission on Regulatory Modernization in the Consumer Health Product Industry (Sep/19)
- CPAIG Submission to the Treasury Board Secretariat’s Consultation on Regulatory Modernization (Sep/19)
- CPAIG Submission to the Treasury Board Secretariat’s Consultation on Regulatory Modernization (Sep/18)
- Input and Recommendations on CBA and RIA (French) (Jun/18)
- Briefing Note: Implementing a Formal Pre-Consultation Step in the Federal Regulatory Process to Inform and Enhance Regulatory Development (French) (Sep/18)
- Briefing Note: Improving regulatory interpretation (guidance) development to enhance regulatory transparency and outcomes (French) (Sep/18)
HPFB STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT SESSION ON THE REGULATORY REVIEW
- CHP Canada’s Recommendations for the Stakeholder Engagement Session (Jul/18)
- CHP Canada’s Proposal for Integration of Drug Scheduling Decisions into the Federal Product Review Process
- Draft – Issue Analysis Summary – Security Packaging
- CHP Canada NAFTA letter_July 18/17
- USTR Nafta Letter Pharmaceutical Annex
- Attachment A_Healthy Growth Final Report
- Attachment B_EcoImpactsRxTtoOTC_RPT
- Attachment C_Briefing Note Data protection April 2017 Final
- Attachment D_2017-0531-Joint Comments on NAFTA Renegotiation
- Attachment E_CHPC CHPA RCC MRA briefing note FINAL
- Pre-Budget Submission 2021: CHP Canada’s Recommendations for Budget 2021 (Aug/20)
- Pre-Budget Submission 2020: CHP Canada’s Recommendations for Budget 2020 (Feb/20)
- Pre-Budget Submission 2020: CHP Canada’s Recommendations for Budget 2020 (Aug/19)
- Pre-Budget Submission 2019: CHP Canada’s Recommendations for Budget 2019 (Aug/18)
- Pre-Budget Submission 2018: CHP Canada’s Recommendations for Budget 2018 (Aug/17)
- Pre-Budget Submission 2017: CHP Canada’s Recommendations for Budget 2017 (Jul/16)
- CHPC CHPA RCC Submission 2018 FINAL – Priorities for Regulatory Cooperation for the North American Over-the-Counter Drug Industry
- CHPC CHPA RCC Submission 2017 FINAL – Priorities for Regulatory Alignment in the Consumer Health Product Industry (Dec/17)
- CHPC CHPA RCC Submission 2016 FINAL – North American Trends in the Consumer Health Product Industry (Apr/16)
- Briefing Note Scheduling & Switch
- Canada’s Current Process for Switching Prescription Drugs to Non-Prescription Status (2016)
- CHP Canada’s Proposed Process for Switching Prescription Drugs to Non-Prescription Status in Canada (2016)
- Senate Standing Committee on Banking, Trade and Commerce, Study on Internal Barriers to Trade, CHP Canada testimony (May/16)
- House of Commons Standing Committee on Health, Pharmacare Study, CHP Canada testimony
- House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance-Pre Budget Consultations, CHP Canada testimony
The following CHP Canada formal submission on the 2016 Self-Care Framework:
We continue to work with Health Canada and stakeholders to shape and evolve the regulatory proposal; as such our position continues to be refined.
- 2016 Self-Care Framework policy proposal
- News release – CHP Canada Applauds Health Canada’s Regulatory Proposal that Would Support Canadians Who Practice Self-Care