Meet our Associate Member Spotlight for May: Nova Pack Ltd.
This month’s Spotlight is Nova Pack Ltd. for their continued contributions and involvement with CHP Canada and the consumer health products industry.
1. Describe your business, your clients and the products/services you provide.
Nova Pack, as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accuristix, is a member company of Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc. (TSX:AND) a publicly-traded company. AHG is a leading and growing supply chain management company offering a robust platform of customized third-party logistics (“3PL”) and specialized transportation solutions for the healthcare sector.
Nova Pack began operations in 1990 as a member company of a Visual Merchandising / Temporary POP-POS Display / Corrugated Box Group, focusing on healthcare. Nova Pack’s role in the Group was to provide the value-added activities of corrugated display assembly and co-pack of products into displays.
Over the years, Nova Pack broadened its capability beyond assembly and co-pack of displays, developed relationships with its own clients, moved several times (enhancing its high-level GMP facilities) and added multiple regulatory certifications
Nova Pack became ISO certified (9001-2000) in May of 2002, received its Health Canada Drug Establishment License in September 2004, and its Natural Health Products License in February 2007.
In January 2011, Nova Pack became a member company of Accuristix – Canada’s leading Third-Party Logistics (3PL) service provider focused in the healthcare space. Nova Pack provides third-party co-pack & assembly services, embedded in two of the Accuristix facilities.
Our clients are typically world leading multi-national organizations in their respective industries and demand only the best when it comes to the handling of their products.
- Assembly • Packaging • Custom Hand Work
- Shrink Wrapping • Bundling • Shrink Banding
- Co-Packing • Poly Bagging • Sampling • Gluing
- Folding Carton Fill / Seal / Emboss / Pack
- Kitting • Trial Sizes • Physician Samples
- POP / POS Display • Skid Packs • Club Packs
- Signage • Blister Seal • Cold Seal
- Quality Control / Sortation • Re-Work • Re-Labeling
- Reclaim / Returns / Refurbishing
- Label Application • Distribution • Fulfillment
- At-Your-Site Labour Services
2. Describe how your business benefits the OTC/self-care market.
Nova Pack is a strategic business partner to many healthcare companies bringing essential products to Canadians. Our high-level GMP and strong Quality Systems have been repeatedly audited by clients and regulatory agencies. Our systems provide complete control from start to finish on any project for a client, including inventory management.
- High level of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- GMP-Certified: Health Canada Drug Establishment, NHP & Precursor Licenses
- Audited & Approved by best practices multi-national companies operating in the healthcare space
- Pack Manager (Nulogy Corp.) Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) System built specifically for contract packaging operations
- Computerized Quote System for accuracy & ease of information/revisions
- Computerized Docket System to track your job from start to finish
- Full product and material component reconciliation (including lot/expiry)
- Continuous Improvement Program
- Flexible Scheduling
- Full Reporting to You and/or your Customer
- At-Your-Site Labour Management Services
- Design Capability
- ISO 9001-2015 certified
- DEL/NHP/GMP certified
3. What innovative new products/services are you working on?
Data Analytics – leveraging our EPM/ERP system, PackManager
Corrugated Packaging Design – modularization and standardization to ensure safety and security, while driving out cost
Digital Printing – enhancing graphics for promotional and regulatory packaging while driving out cost
Turnkey Service Provision – all materials needed are sourced and supplied by Nova Pack. We are your “One-Stop-Shop”
4. Tell us about your people. What sets them apart from your competition?
Nova Pack has developed great “bench strength” over the years and the experience and knowledge its staff represent are a huge resource for our clients. Our innovation, nimbleness and adaptability come from our people. Our ability to also leverage staff experience and expertise within our parent and sister companies in the Andlauer Healthcare Group represents additional benefits for our clients.
5. Describe your mission and vision, and why your company makes a great business partner.
Our Vision – to be the leader in providing contract co-packaging solutions to the health care sector and our Mission – partnering with our clients to meet the needs of their customers through excellence and innovation – make Nova Pack an outstanding business partner and a great place to work.
Nova Pack has a proud tradition of integrity – in dealing with its clients, its employees, and its suppliers.
For more information, contact James Houghton – President of Nova Pack Ltd.
Your company can be featured in an Associate Member Spotlight.
Please contact Sherri Sheney at the CHP Canada office for more details.