CHP Canada’s Strategic Marketing & Regulatory Conference
Join us at this one-day event where compliance, legal, regulatory and marketing experts will keep you current on new consumer health product marketing
strategies. Moderated by industry experts, the presentations and panel discussions will give you insight into how new policy changes will impact how your
products can be positioned and marketed.
The promotion of consumer health products continues to evolve to keep pace with the ever-changing needs of the consumer, bringing new knowledge,
insight and tactics to put your products in the hands of the consumer. At the same time, there has been unprecedented changes to policy and guidance
impacting the advertising of health products. Our morning session will focus on Regulatory Shifts in the Advertising Environment, followed by an
afternoon session that will focus on Winning at Rx-to-OTC Switch in Canada.
During these presentations and panel sessions, experts will cover:
- The 2018 PAAB and Ad Standards update and modernization of their advertising codes and guidelines with examples relevant to today’s marketplace
and social media advertising landscape.
- The unexpected shifts in the interpretation of provincial regulations governing how products can be sold in a pharmacy environment.
- How the dedicated team at Health Canada has begun actively monitoring and enforcing against false and misleading health product advertising.
They will be updating policies to define what is, and what is not, advertising.
- How an advertising agency knows the rules and how to play within them.
- How Rx-to-OTC switch is handled differently around the world, what is happening in Canada and internationally, and how to win at switch in Canada.
In addition, our opening keynote speaker, Sara Clarkson of Storesupport, will share how to capitalize on ‘the last four feet’, as well as her experience in the
|Health Canada’s Proactive Monitoring and Policy Work
Manager, Section for Transparency and Advertising Regulatory Surveillance
Marketed Health Products Directorate, Health Canada
|Overview of the Guidelines for Consumer Advertising of Health Products
Vice President, Ad Standards Clearance Services
|Health Care Practitioner (HCP) Advertising: How to Capitalize on Opportunities While Successfully Navigating the Regulatory Landscape
| Speak People. How to Tell Stories that Resonate Without Breaking any Rules
AFTERNOON PANEL SESSION: Winning at Rx-to-OTC Switch in Canada
Moderator: Kristin Willemsen, Director Scientific & Regulatory Affairs – CHP Canada
|Rx-to-OTC Switch – a Global Perspective
Global Senior Principal Consumer Health
|Advertising’s Web of Laws
|Getting Canada Up-to-Speed on Switch
Who should attend:
- Brand Managers of natural health products and over-the-counter consumer health products
- Marketing Directors, Managers and Associates
- Regulatory Affairs Directors, Managers and Associates
- Advertising design agencies that develop marketing concepts
- Product development team leaders involved in product ideation and the development of new product concepts
- Those who work with internal and external partners to submit applications for advertising pre-clearance to Ad Standards and PAAB
|NEW: ASSOCIATE MEMBER SHOWCASE
This year’s program leaves plenty of room for networking opportunities.
As an added feature, select CHP Canada associate members will be participating in our Associate Member Showcase,
promoting their products and services as key suppliers to the consumer health products industry.
Be sure to stop by the showcase tables and see what they have to offer!
Register today – space is limited!
The early bird rates below are available until October 26th.
* MEMBERS: To register as a member, please log in. Haven’t created your member login password yet? Click the ‘log in‘ link below to set up your account now.
* NON-MEMBERS: To register as a non-member, please use your customer account to log in. Don’t have a CHP Canada customer account? Click the ‘log in‘ link
below to create your free account now.
November 15, 2018
07:30 a.m. to 03:30 p.m.
You must Log In to purchase this item.
Toronto Congress Centre, 650 Dixon Road, Toronto, ON
You must Log In to purchase this item.