Reduce Stress and Simplify Your Life
Reducing the stress in your life will take a lot of deep thought and action, but it will be worth it. If you’re less stressed, you’ll be able to sleep better, will have a more positive outlook on life, and will be much more able to enjoy your daily self-care activities. To reduce stress, you have to work on minimizing the stressful situations in your life and to relax your mind and body.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, up to 90 per cent of all visits to a doctor’s office are related to stress.
Here are a couple of tips to help you reduce stress in your life:
- Write down the things that are stressing you out. Sometimes getting them down on paper can help.
- Cut down on caffeinated drinks.
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep.
- Write a schedule and use lists to prevent becoming overwhelmed.
- Prioritize the things you need to do.
- Delegate jobs that do not absolutely have to be done by you.
- Make sure you have time to relax every day. Try out different relaxation techniques (for example, meditation or think of a place that gives you comfort: a private beach, a garden, a cozy room – can do wonders to improve your outlook) until you find one that works for you.
So the next time you get those “stressed out” symptoms – tightness in your stomach, jaw, neck and back; fatigue; clammy hands and pounding heart – try one of the tips listed above, it can do wonders for lowering your stress level.
Stop stressing and start living!
Image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net